I love Chinese dumplings and whenever I have some free time, I like making a batch of them. It's a good feeling knowing what's going into the dumpling.It beats frozen mystery meat any day.
I recently bought this funny little device that promises prefect looking dumplings and faster, more efficient dumpling making.
I am going to try making a batch of pork and bok choy dumplings with my new toy.
Ground (minced) pork
Bok choy, finely chopped
A packet of pre-made dumpling pastry
1. Mix the pork with chopped pok choy and seasoning
2. Place a sheet of pastry into dumpling maker and place a spoonful of the pork mixture into the centre
3. Close the dumpling maker, hold for a few seconds then take out the dumpling
Hm... does this look like an tasty dumpling?
4. Repeat steps to make a batch of dumplings! I managed to make 29 (just shy of 30!) dumplings using about 300g of pork and a batch of bok choy.
5. Just boil them for about 10 mins in water or broth to cook and serve them.